Apply right away
Amount of hours:
10-38 hours a week
Training & certificates:
Work experience necessary
Available during the week, Available on weekends
Are you creative, a hard worker and a king in the kitchen? Do you know how to prepare the tastiest dishes? Are you someone who makes happy guests happy and sees dissatisfied guests as a challenge? Someone who can work hard, but at the same time manages to maintain a good atmosphere? Then we are looking for you!
From mise en place to a beautiful creation on the plate, you feel at home in the kitchen and can show your skills here! It is no problem for you to be responsible for your own department in the kitchen.
When you arrive at work, you already encounter the cozy chaos. You greet your colleagues in the kitchen and wave to the busy bar and wait staff. You discuss with the chef what still needs to be done at the mise en place. Are there any details and will there be large groups? The tasks are divided. Together with your colleagues you ensure that the lunch dishes fly out the door and that everything is ready for another busy evening. In between you make a joke with the dishwasher, compliment your colleague with a nice dish and ask the waiter whether all guests are satisfied. Your shift is flying by!
About The Market Hotel
The Market hotel has 123 rooms, spread over six floors. We offer 7 different room types for our guests, so there is something for everyone! On the ground floor we have a restaurant with 250 seats and two terraces. One terrace on the Grote Markt with 300 seats and one terrace on the Nieuwe Markt with approximately 50 seats. Due to the favorable location of our terrace on the East wall, you can enjoy the sun here for the longest time. The theme of our restaurant is old Dutch with a new look. Regarding the menu: Accessible is the new keyword. No fine-dining cuisine, but good food for everyone with a Dutch touch.
Who are you?
- Eye for detail and perseverance: You have this in you!
- Teacher is an advantage.
- You have a real hands-on mentality.
- The hospitality industry is not unknown to you: you have work experience in the same position or you want to learn the nice ropes of the profession!
- You have a flexible setting and no 9 to 5 mentality.
- We work as a team within the hotel, working together and communicating is also very important to you!
- Together with your colleagues you make every day a new adventure.
What does WestCord Hotels offer you?
- Growth: Working within a growing hotel chain where you can continue to develop and grow. WestCord is committed to sustainable employability.
- Training: Not yet completely comfortable with the position you would like to perform? Or have you not finished learning yet? Our Hospitality trainers are happy to teach you the tricks of the trade. This way you are confident in the workplace and the guests enjoy their peace and quiet and your knowledge.
- Salary: An appropriate reward for everyone's efforts is important to us.
- Balance: We keep private and work separate as much as possible. We use our own communication platform, where you are always aware of developments in your team and organization. In addition, you can continue to develop yourself through the available e-learnings.
- Good arrangement for surviving dependants' and supplementary retirement pension.
- Daily joint lunch and dinner, delicious coffee and lots of fruit. A good time to catch up with your colleagues.
- 30/30 member: Our goal is to make you feel 'part of the family'! That's why we offer you even more great things for all members, such as: €30 per night in our hotels, 30% discount on WestCord products such as the Wellness and F&B.
- Referral welcome bonus: We promise our guests that they will want to come back. Do you know someone who would also like to join our team? Then you and the new colleague will receive a net bonus of €250,00 deposited into your account.
- Surprise Our OneTeam: Every month a nice surprise especially for you? At WestCord, all colleagues enjoy the special Surprise Our OneTeam days. That makes a working day not just fun, but also surprising, just like for our guests.
About WestCord Hotels:
WestCord Hotels is a Dutch family business that has existed for more than 50 years. The company has grown from the very first hotel, Hotel de Wadden on Vlieland. The group now has 17 hotels spread throughout the Netherlands. Including a number of iconic hotels, such as Hotel New York Rotterdam, the ss Rotterdam and Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam. We are only satisfied when we have satisfied guests and everything is aimed at that! Committed, sincere, personal and tough. That is what WestCord Hotels stands for.
Will you be our new colleague? Please leave your details below and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Apply right away