Apply right away
Amount of hours:
38 hours per week
Training & certificates:
Social Hygiene, Company Emergency Response
Work experience necessary
Available during the week, Available on weekends
It's wonderful to be on the floor and give guests a fantastic evening, especially when the team works like a well-oiled machine. Do you think the combination of organizing and hospitality suits you? Then we're looking for you!
Plezant is a diner café in a fantastically cozy and social neighborhood in the Korrewegwijk, the Professorenbuurt. Just outside the center, located on a fantastic green square, you will find Plezant; a colorful and attractive restaurant with a spacious terrace. The type of guest you can expect is very diverse, because everyone is welcome. From neighbors in flip-flops and shorts who drop by for a bite to eat with a specialty beer, to friends dining in high heels, bright dresses and drinking wine in style.
On the menu you will find a nice combination between the a la carte dishes and the chef's menu, which makes every day a challenge and a completely different flow. The menu is printed in-house and regularly updated with new flavors and dishes, we are always innovating and we like compact and varied.
Plezant has grown in more than 3 years from a neighborhood restaurant with comfort food, to a restaurant where the majority of guests come to dine for an evening and want to experience more courses from the chef with matching wines.
- You set the bar high with clear, achievable goals to challenge yourself.
- You take the expected tasks such as opening and closing, and managing during the evening, but also teach this to your colleagues. Here you create space in your own schedule.
- You make schedules, manage vacancies and applications, monitor purchasing and productivity, and translate this into short work meetings with management.
- You manage and contribute to optimizing the entire team of employees, both service and kitchen.
- As a team, we want everyone to shine at what they do best. We try to keep each other sharp and help each other in development so that everyone can find and use that strength. You are very important in this.
What are we looking for in you?
- You want to commit and develop.
- You see the business as a piece of yourself.
- You can create and save an overview.
- You can set priorities and estimate and adjust your timeline well.
- Apply etiquette in a relaxed way.
- Be yourself, not necessarily fully dressed up, but still neat and tidy.
- Creativity and solution-oriented: if something is not possible or is not allowed, then what is!?
- Inspiring: you easily learn to explain new dishes and new wines and you can also transfer this to your team.
- Team spirit: together we are strong, so we really have to do it together.
- Action and reaction: being busy and not waiting but tackling. See, taste, smell, hear and do!
- Gourmet: you love good food and drinks and you like to taste new things.
- Social: in a neighborhood restaurant, recognition and an enthusiastic attitude are important. There is also a whole social function. Say hello to neighbors and have a chat every now and then.
What do we offer you?
- A nice workplace within a young and creative company.
- A wonderful location, with involved neighbors who like to have a chat with you.
- Salary according to collective agreement. Of course we also look at your wishes and (years of) experience.
- Nice secondary working conditions, such as discounts, pension accrual, parking pass at the company.
- The space to develop by being creative and tasting a lot, both dishes and wines.
- Lots of variety of dishes, which you can also influence yourself.
- Career opportunities
What can you expect from the work schedule?
- Monday fixed day off.
- Making schedules is your responsibility, so even if you want a day off during the weekend.
- On the floor mainly evening work and weekends
- Schedule administrative work yourself.
- 32 to 38 hours
- Extension of hours during holiday periods
- More or less hours possible in consultation
- Working on holidays
What is expected of you regarding your application?
- You are in possession of a diploma in Social Hygiene or are willing to obtain it.
- Only applications with a relevant letter of motivation will be considered.
- If you have fixed plans during your week, such as sports or social obligations, please mention this in your application letter.
Apply right away