Apply right away
Amount of hours:
32 hours per week
Training & certificates:
Work experience necessary
Available during the week, Available on weekends
WANTED: Venue manager MAAS
You know the secret ingredients of a successful event by heart. Regardless of whether it concerns a live concert, a wedding, a large gala with hundreds of students, a staff party or a business event: you know what to do. As a venue manager you know exactly what it takes to organize an event from A to Z and to give guests an unforgettable evening.
Organizing is in your blood and you get a real kick when an event runs smoothly. You also know how to deal with crowds and unexpected situations. At these moments you are able to keep a cool head like no other so that you can manage the team and everyone knows what is expected of them. As a venue manager you work in a hectic and rapidly changing environment, so communication is key. It is therefore important that as a venue manager you are able to take the lead and make choices under time pressure. In addition to the important organizational and administrative tasks, you naturally also like to roll up your sleeves in the workplace.
Your duties as venue manager:
- Managing the team
- Making plans
- Conducting performance interviews and job interviews
- Communicating with event organizers
- Supervising safety procedures and hygiene protocols
- Carrying out the administration
- Monitoring turnover and budget
- Managing the stock
- Set up strategies to optimize the workflow
- Actively thinking about improving the venue
- You have demonstrable (managerial) experience in the events sector or catering industry
- You are socially constructed and you have an open attitude
- You enjoy working in a team and you are a star at motivating others
- You are able to take charge and organize and communicate on a professional level
- You keep a cool head even under high work pressure
- Basic knowledge of light and sound installations is an advantage
- You speak Dutch and English
- You live in Groningen or the surrounding area
What do we offer?
- A challenging, managerial position in which you have a lot of participation and freedom of choice
- A professional workplace with career opportunities
- A family business in which hospitality and solidarity are of paramount importance
- A cozy and enthusiastic team
- A beautiful workplace in the heart of the city of Groningen
- A competitive salary
- A good bonus scheme when targets are achieved
- A full-time position of approximately 32 hours per week
Does this taste like more?
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quickly and hopefully we will get to know each other soon!
Apply right away